February 24, 2014 - "Promoting Health in Our Nurses". The day will look at issues for both physical and mental health. Workshop will take place at Alberta Hospital Edmonton, Dorran Auditorium. Registration starts @ 0830hrs. Workshop commences at 0900hrs with the day finishing by 1500hrs. Lunch provided. UNA Local 183 Members - no charge. $40.00 registration fee for non-members. Click here for a poster. Register via email to: Local183exec@una.ab.ca - you will receive a confirmation within a few days.
Karolina Sekulic, RD, presents: "What's the Best Diet Ever?"
1. Provide an overview of the popular diets
2. Provide a guided review of participants diet
Kari Medd, RT, presents: "If you are Moving it's a Good Thing"
1. Participants will be able to understand the role of exercise & physical activity in the concept of active living.
2. Participants will have tools to assist in motivating clients to move towards active living.
Dr. Joanne Seitz, Clinical Psychologist, presents: Brain Fitness. What does it mean? Is it Real?
1. Provide an understanding of the evolving concept of brain exercises.
2. Explore the current evidence.
3. Introduce valid brain exercises and learn what you can expect from them.